Outlook is a well-known email platform created by Microsoft in 2000 that comes with many vibrant features like webmail, task manager calendar, contact manager, and note-taking. The fantastic features of Outlook will not just allow you to compose or send emails, but it will manage all your email accounts in one place. However, there are some technical glitches, due to which you face send and receive errors in Outlook. There is a specific reason behind it: you will not be able to send and receive the email in Outlook. So if you want to understand what cause of this error and how to fix it, look up the blog post.
Why does Outlook 365 give send/receive errors?
- Antivirus software or Firewall installed on the computer blocks Outlook settings.
- Slow internet causes send and receive errors in Outlook.
- Update SMTP server settings in Outlook.
- Due to the large attachments in the email.
- Outlook data file error.
(5 ways) Fix send receive errors in Outlook 365.
To fix this issue altogether, you can use the following methods given below one by one. Once you’ve completed each procedure, you can try sending yourself a test message to see if you can send and receive emails without encountering an error. Let’s get started:
Check the Internet Speed and connection
Firstly, check your internet speed while receiving Outlook’s send/receive error. It is recommended to test how fast is your internet connection. Because of a poor internet connection, or if you’re not connected to the internet, you are likely unable to send or receive emails in Outlook. To check if your computer is connected to an internet connection or not, go through these steps:
- First, open the Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Enter www.outlook.com in the address bar, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- If the website is accessible, this means that internet connectivity is available on the system.
Update SMTP server settings for Outlook
If the internet speed is good, however, you are still experiencing Outlook Send Receive Errors, then check the configuration settings of your Outlook email. The best way to prevent the Outlook email settings is given below:
- Firstly, open Outlook and log in with your email and password.
- Go to file>Info>Account Settings.
- Under the “Account Settings” window, click on the “Change” tab
- Go to the “More Settings” tab and choose “Outgoing Server.”
- Check the box that appears in front of My Outgoing server (SMTP); it requires authentication.
- Click on the OK and Finish button.
Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Firewall
The majority time, the Outlook send and receive error occurs when you have any antivirus software installed on your computer. Third-party Antivirus software and Windows firewalls can block you from accessing Outlook, and these security programs could result in Outlook sending receive errors. So, you should disable the Firewall and Antivirus program for a short time before you can use Outlook to send and receive emails. Follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- Go to Settings>Security.
- In the Security tab, turn off the Firewall.
- Disable the Antivirus software.
After fixing this issue, you can enable your Windows Firewall to protect your system.
Clean Outlook Sent emails.
If you have stored too many emails in your Outlook sent box, clear them off. Because when you send emails with large attachments, they get stuck in your outbox. Due to that, send and receive error occurs in Outlook. Check out the following procedures for this:
- Open Outlook and click on the “Send Receive” tab.
- Choose the options to Work offline.
- Choose all emails from the outbox and move all of them into any other folder.
Fix PST File to run the Inbox
In Outlook, there is a specific folder that contains all your personal information about your email accounts, like contacts, messages, memos, and notes. And this information is stored in a . PST file format. If your .pst file is corrupted, you will face this send/receive error in Outlook. To fix the PST file, follow these steps:
- Log out of your outlook account and then repair the file.
- On Windows 10 open C: drive:>Users>(Select user)>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Outlook
- Select the pst file, and then Restore the PST file.
This process will restore your outlook account with the latest pst file, and the outlook send/receive error will be fixed.
One thought on “(Solved) How to fix Send and Receive Error in Outlook?”
You really made my day, my antivirus is blocking the SMTP connection. Due to this Outlook is giving me that error. Now finally I disable it and it’s working now.