Question:- I am using an HP OfficeJet 4650 printer and it’s not printing from my Microsoft Edge browser. when I try to print from my printer it says” your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff”. it happens after I updated my PC. Any idea how to fix this printer unexpected configuration problem in windows 10?
(This article is for Brother, Epson, Canon and HP Printers)
Several errors occur on the computer while printing. However, some errors are caused due to bug in an update or failed update on windows 10. Today in this article we will discuss “printer unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff” error.
There are advanced troubleshooting steps to fix unexpected configuration 0x8000ffff problem on printers.
- Update Printer Drivers.
- Download Update the latest printer firmware.
- Update your Windows 10.
- Delete Print Spooler Junk Files.
- Run the Microsoft Windows Printer Troubleshooters.
- Reinstall the printer.
Update Printer Drivers
It doesn’t matter you are using an HP printer or any other brands like Brother, canon or Epson. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it to fix this error on windows computer.
If you still face the same error “unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff” while printing from Edge follow the next step.
Update the latest printer firmware
Brands like Canon, HP or Epson, regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. You might get updates on the control panel of the printer. Update printer firmware and on-screen apps regularly to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer.
Update your Windows 10
Go to settings options and select Windows Update and download. Similarly, install the latest software for your computer.
Delete Print Spooler Junk Files
Deleting these print spooler junk files will fix the Unexpected configuration problem for all types of printers.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type system32\spool\printers and hit enter.
- Open the Printers folder, select all the files in the folder and delete them.
- Go back to Windows Key + R to open and type services.MSC and hit enter to open the Service.
- Meanwhile, In the Services option, Select Printer Spooler service.
- Right-click on Print Spooler service and select Properties.
- Restart Print Spooler services.
- Close the Services window and restart the computer. After the restart check, if you the printer Unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff error is resolved. If not please follow the next step.
Run the Microsoft Windows Printer Troubleshooters
This Microsoft printer diagnostic tool will scan the computer for any printer related issues and try to fix them automatically. Here is how to run this tool.
- Download the Microsoft Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooter tool, here.
- Click on the installer and run the troubleshooter.
- In the Troubleshooter windows, select your printer and click on the Next button. It will scan the computer and detect the problem.
- Click on “Try troubleshooting as an administrator” if required.
- The Microsoft troubleshooter will automatically apply any fixes and show the result on the computer screen.
- Close the troubleshoot and restart the printer.
- Try to print any document and check the error status.
Reinstall the printer
If you have tried every single step, however, printer unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff still there. Then I will suggest you reinstall the printer again to fix any driver-related issues.