Question:- I am using a Macbook pro MacOS 10.15 Catalina with an HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer which is connected to my Mac. When I tried to print it says “HPDM.framework” will damage your computer. It says HPDM.freamework is malware on my Mac. It’s not printing anything. I tried to delete the printer from the settings. But still, it gives me that same error message. Need help to fix this error “HPDM.framework”?
Answer:- Many Mac users reported this problem with HP Printer. Some of them tried to delete the printer and install it freshly but nothing helps. So before you make any changes to your device setting like printer drivers or Mac update, read this article. It will help you to understand the root cause of this problem. And with this Easy troubleshooting, you will be able to print from your Mac computer.
What is “HPDM.framework” on a Mac computer?
HPDM.framework is an HP Device Management file that is installed on Mac computer to operate HP Devices like Printer, Scanners, and Fax machines. If this file is corrupted or deleted from the computer, then you might face problems with printing, scanning, and faxing. In the latest Mac OS, it will give you a warning that HPDM.framework is a malware or it can damage your computer. The reason behind this issue is that this file might have corrupted due to the latest apple update. There could be many other reasons behind this problem however this problem is with the latest Mac OS devices.
Error warnings related to HPDM.framework files
If you are using an Apple computer with macOS Catalina or Mojave and not able to print from your HP Printer, then you might get these error warnings and pop up related to HP framework files:
- “hplaserjetzjs.bundle” will damage your computer.
- “hpraster.bundle” will damage your computer.
- “HPDeviceMonitoring.framework” will damage your computer.
- “hpPostProcessing.bundle” will damage your computer.
- “HPDM.framework” will damage your computer.
- “Matterhorn.framework” will damage your computer.
- “Productimprovementstudy.hptask” will damage your computer.
- “HP Scanner 3” will damage your computer.
- “inkjet1.driver” will damage your computer.
- “HP Utility” will damage your computer.
- “PDE.plugin” will damage your computer.
- “ScanEventHandler.app” will damage your computer.
- “FaxArchive.task” will damage your computer.
- “inkjet3.driver” will damage your computer.
- “commandtohp.filter” will damage your computer.
Steps to Fix “HPDM.Framework” will damage your computer
If you are getting any of these above error messages on a Mac computer, then follow these easy steps to fix this issue.
- Disconnect the HP Printer from your computer.
- Run a Malware or antivirus scan on your Mac.
- Reset the printing system.
- Uninstall all infected printer drivers or programs on the computer.
- Delete every single file and folder from HP on your Machine.
- Install the generic HP Printer drivers from the web.
- At last run HP Scan and Doctor to check for possible errors on Mac.
- Try to print and it will work.
Note:- In case you are not able to fix this “HPDM.framework” issue with these steps please call HP Support for more help.