Issue:- Hi, I am using an HP Printer that is about a month old but When I try to print any color document it came out blank. My HP Printer won’t print color. I have performed print quality diagnostic and clean cartridges and printhead many times but nothing helped. I ran HP Scan and Doctor however it didn’t pick up any problem. We changed the old cartridges with the new one still my HP printer is not printing in color. Can anyone tell me how do I get my HP printer to print in color?
Why won’t my HP Printer print in color?
If you are using an HP wireless printer and it’s not printing in color, then there are three possible reasons behind this issue. Check all of these reasons carefully before you proceed further with printer troubleshooting.
- Color Printing feature Disabled:- To print in color you need to Enable the color printing feature from HP printer properties. If the color feature is Disabled then also your HP printer will not print in color. This will fix the problem in one go.
- Driver Malfunctioned:- If you were using multiple printers on the same system, then there might be a possibility of driver conflict between the devices. This may also cause the HP printer not to print in color. To fix this, remove any other printer drivers from the computer which you were using earlier.
- Clogged Printhead:- If you are using your HP printer for a long time and you haven’t cleaned the printhead then the HP printer will not print in color. It’s recommended to clean the printhead manually with the help of tissue paper or you can use the HP utility on the printer itself. That will fix the problem in one go.
How do I get my HP printer to print in color?
These troubleshooting actions are for Windows 10 users who are not able to print in color from an HP printer.
- Firstly Delete or Remove HP Printer from Devices.
- Now Uninstall HP printer drivers completely from the control panel of your Windows 10 operating system.
- Next Open Run by pressing “Windows Key + R“.
- Type printui.exe /s Command in the Run box and click OK.
- A new window pops up and selects the Drivers tab to open it.
- Under Drivers, if you find any HP Printer drivers please Delete them and press OK.
- Now again go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer.
- New windows pop up Choose a device or Printer under that Click on “The printer I want isn’t listed“.
- Choose to Add a printer using a TCP/IP address.
- Enter the IP Address of your HP Printer here (like 192.168.0.5 or 10.0.0.45) and hit Next.
- It will install the HP printer with basic drivers which will help you to print in color also.
- Try printing in color with HP Printer.
Note:- Most probably this will fix HP Officejet 3830 won’t print in the color issue. However in case if it’s not fixed please contact HP Printer Support for the service of your Printer.