HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 is a wireless printer, that helps you to print from any device without USB cable. However, sometimes when we try to print any important document from our PC it says” HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Offline“. Its a headache for the user to resolve this offline printer error in windows 10 computer.
There are two common reasons why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer says offline in windows 10. Firstly, a loose connection between wireless devices like printer and router. Secondly, HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer drivers corrupted due to infection.
Best ways to change HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Offline to Online
Step 1: Check the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Printer is turned ON and there are no Errors on screen.
- If the HP Printer LCD Screen is blank, the printer may not be powered on.
- If it is in sleep mode wake it up.
- Still, it’s off, then check the power cable.
- Now check the LCD screen for any Error message. If the screen shows an error message, then troubleshoot the error to clear the issue indicated.
Step 2: Make sure HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Printer is connected to the computer with USB or WiFi.
- In case of a USB cable connection, make sure the cable connected to both ends (printer and computer).
- Try connecting the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer directly to the computer USB port and not via a USB hub connector.
- If the connection is via an ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected to both ends (printer and router).
- Now Print the network configuration page from the printer to confirm the right IP address of the printer.
- If using a wireless or WiFi connection, then make sure the printer is connected to the router.
- Print the network configuration page to check the IP address of the HP printer.
If the issue continues, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Set HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 as a default printer (Windows 10).
- Open the Settings or Control Panel.
- Click on > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer and select Set as default printer.
Step 4: Delete all the pending documents from the print queue.
- Right-click on the icon of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer.
- Click on > See what’s printing
- Now Select > Printer option from window
- Select > Cancel All Documents.
Step 5: Check HP Printer status in Devices and Printers windows.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer status is Offline. Right-click the icon for your printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (removes the checkmark).
- If the printer status says Paused. Right-click the icon for your printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (removes the checkmark).
Step 6: Make sure there is no copy of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Printer icon.
- If you see any copy of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer then delete it from the list.
- Uninstall the printer from the control panel.
- Download the latest drivers for HP Printer.
- Install the Printer again.