Customer asked about HP offiecjet Pro 8020 series printer.
I purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8020 printer, which is connected successfully to my network. However, when I try to print from my laptop, it says HP Officejet 8020 series offline. Even though I tried some troubleshooting to fix this, nothing worked for me. At last, I deleted the printer and uninstalled the printer from my laptop. When I added the printer again, it kept saying printer offline even though my HP Officejet pro 8020 printer appropriately connected with the Wifi. So can anyone tell me how I can fix my HP 8020 offline problem?
Why is my HP Officejet 8020 says printer offline?
If your HP 8020 printer is offline, there is a connection error between the printer and the computer. Sometimes printer is connected; however, it shows you an offline status. It usually happens if you have changed your Wifi password, changed a new router or changed the printer’s ip address. Ensure your HP Officejet Pro 8020 series printer is connected correctly with the same Network as your computer or Mobile phone.
Fix HP Officejet Pro 8020 offline (Windows 10)
- Firstly, delete HP 8020 printer from Devices and printer.
- Uninstall all the drivers related to HP Officejet 8020 Series printer.
- Restart your printer and connect it again to the Wifi.
- Make sure the computer and printer are on the same wireless Network.
- Go to Settings> Devices> Printers and scanners> Add a printer or Scanner.
- Now choose the option “The printer that I want isn’t listed.“
- A new screen comes up “Find a printer by other options.”
- Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname.
- Enter your printer’s IP address(ex. 192.168.0.21 or 10.0.015) on the next screen.
- Windows will detect the wireless printer and install it with the latest drivers.
- Print a test page, and your HP Officejet pro 8020 series printer become offline to online.
Troubleshooting Note: In most cases, these troubleshooting steps will fix HP Officejet Pro 8020 printer offline problem. However, if you are not a technical person or don’t know the Network or windows, don’t hesitate to get in touch with technical support people.