I bought the HP ENVY 6000 series printer this morning and have installed it wirelessly on my wife’s PC with no issues. I tried the same installer wizard on my laptop and got to the Network Device Install. Once it completed, then in the printers and devices section, it says HP Envy 6000 series driver is unavailable. Sometimes, it finishes and then states that it could not install the network printer. The printer is completely attached to the Internet, and the configuration print showed no issues. I’ve removed and reinstalled every software program several times. I’ve tried an HP Scan and Doctor, which tells me that the drivers are not installed and restarts the installer. I tried every single thing to fix my HP Envy 6000 printer. However, it always says driver unavailable. Can anyone help me to fix my HP Envy 6000 driver unavailable issue?
Why does my HP Envy 6000 series printer say the driver is unavailable?
The HP Envy 6000 printer driver unavailable error usually indicates that your printer is missing important files, or the driver files are corrupted on the computer. However, you should uninstall the old driver and install the latest correct printer driver. If you still face the problem, then troubleshoot the problem using the steps given below.
Steps to fix HP Envy 6000 driver unavailable error.
- Firstly, unplug the power and USB cable connected to the printer.
- Go to Control Panel>Programs and feature> Select HP Envy 6000 printer driver and uninstall it.
- Go to Settings> Devices and printer> Select HP Envy 6000 printer and Delete it from there.
- Open the Run command by pressing “Windows Key + R” simultaneously.
- Type printui.exe /s in the Run box and click OK.
- It will open Print Server Properties windows.
- Go to the Drivers tab and delete the HP Printer driver from there.
- Select Apply and OK.
- Now open HP Smart App on the computer and click Add a new printer.
- Follow the HP smart App instructions, and the latest printer drivers will be installed automatically.
- These steps will fix your HP Envy 6000 series printer driver unavailable error in Windows 10 or 11 computers.
Note:- If you still face the problem, try HP troubleshooter to detect the issue related to the driver being unavailable on the computer.