Question:- I am using an HP Envy 4520 Printer which is only printing in black and white. If I try to print any PDF, Word Document, or any Email from a browser it won’t print in color. I can make color copies from it but not able to print in color from my Windows 10 computer. Can anyone help me because my HP Envy 4520 won’t print in color?Also Read:- How to Fix HP 3830 not printing in color on windows 10 computer?
Why is my HP Envy 4520 not printing in color?
If you are using an HP Envy 4520 Printer or 4500 printer series and it won’t print in color with your Windows 10, then there are three possible reasons behind this problem. Check all of these reasons before you proceed further with troubleshooting your HP Envy 4520 printer.
- Printhead not cleaned properly:- If you are using your HP Envy 4520 printer for a quite long time and have not cleaned the printhead then HP 4520 will not print in color. It’s recommended to clean the printhead manually with the help of tissue paper or you can use the HP utility available on the HP Envy printer itself. That will fix the problem in one go.
- Color Printing feature is not enabled:- Sometimes it happens when you try to print a color document it comes out Black and white. It’s due to the color feature on HP Envy 4520 printer. If the color feature is Disabled in printer properties then also Envy 4520 will not print in color. So Enable the Color printing feature in HP printer properties to start printing in color. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
- Driver Conflicts:- If you have used any HP printer earlier on the same computer or installed more than two printers, then there might be a driver conflict. To fix this, uninstalled the HP 4520 drivers completely and re-installed in again from the HP website itself.
Steps to Fix HP Envy 4520 won’t print in color (Windows 10)
These troubleshooting steps are for Windows 10 users who are facing problems with printing in color from HP Envy 4520 printer.
- Firstly Delete or Remove HP Envy 4520 Printer from Devices.
- Now Uninstall HP Envy 4520 printer drivers completely from the control panel of your Windows 10.
- Next Press “Windows Key + R“ on the keyboard and open Run.
- Type this printui.exe /s in the Run box and click OK.
- Select the Drivers tab to open it.
- Under Drivers, if you find any HP Printer drivers, please Delete them and press OK.
- Now again go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer.
- In Choose a device or Printer pop up, click on “The printer I want isn’t listed“.
- Choose the option Add a printer using a TCP/IP address.
- Enter the IP Address of your HP Envy 4520 Printer here ( 192.168.0.5 or 10.0.0.45) and hit Next.
- This will install the HP Envy 4520 printer with basic drivers which will help you to print in color also.
- Try printing in color with HP Envy 4520 printer.
Note:- In most cases, this will fix HP Envy 4520 won’t print in the color issue. However in case if it doesn’t fix please contact HP Printer Support to service your Printer.
- How to connect canon mg2522 printer to wifi?
- Fix HP Officejet 3830 not printing in the color problem.
- How to Fix “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e”?
- Bring my HP Envy 4520 Printer Offline to Online.
- Find WPS Pin for HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer
- How to connect Canon Pixma TS3122 Printer to WiFi?
- Where is the WPS Pin on HP Deskjet 3755 Printer?
- Connect HP Deskjet 2652 printer to wifi.
- How to fix “HPDM.Framework will damage your computer” on Mac?