Question:- I just bought an HP Deskjet Plus 4100. It worked fine for the first couple of months now, all I get is the printer offline, and I’ve turned it Off and On again. The router and the device go through the diagnostics, which say they can’t help ‘because it’s offline. I keep trying to connect my laptop to my HP Deskjet Plus 4100 printer to print projects and work documents, but it says it is offline. However, they are both connected to the same network. I have no problem printing from my phone, so I am confused about what problem I am having. So can anyone help me to fix this HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline printer error?
Why does my HP Deskjet Plus 4100 keep going offline?
If your HP Deskjet Plus 4100 is connected wirelessly to the router, and your laptop keeps telling you that the printer is offline, it’s a problem with the wireless connection. Either you have changed the router or the wifi password recently, that’s why it says HP Deskjet Plus 4100 printer offline on the computer.
Steps to fix HP Deskjet 4100 Printer Offline
These are the simple steps to reset the wireless settings of the HP Deskjet Plus 4100 to bring the printer offline to online.
- Firstly, hard reboot the printer by unplugging the power cord.
- Once the printer is up, press the Wifi button for 5 sec.
- Now the printer is ready for wireless connection.
- Go to the HP Smart app and click on Add Printer.
- Select the HP Deskjet Plus 4100 printer for setup.
- Follow the instructions on the HP smart app.
- Now the printer is connected again to the wifi, and it’s online.
- This way, you can bring your HP Deskjet 4100 series printer offline to online.
How to reset the HP Deskjet 4100 Series Printer?
- Press the information button for 5 sec.
- Now press the cancel and power button at the same time.
- Again press the power button to turn on the printer.
- This will reset you HP Deskjet 4100 serires printer.
Note: If you cannot fix the problem or have any issue related to it, please run an HP scan and doctor to fix this problem online.