In this modern age of technology, wireless printing has become the norm, offering convenience and flexibility. However, sometimes users encounter issues when trying to connect their HP DeskJet 4155e printers to WiFi. This article will serve as your ultimate troubleshooting guide, providing step-by-step solutions to get your printer connected and ready to print wirelessly.
Why my HP Deskjet 4155e won’t connect to wifi?
Before diving into the troubleshooting steps, it’s essential to understand why your HP DeskJet 4155e is not connecting to WiFi. Several factors can contribute to this problem, such as incorrect WiFi settings, network connectivity issues, or problems with the printer itself.
Let’s explore some of the common reasons why your HP DeskJet 4155e might be facing WiFi connection problems:
- Incorrect WiFi Password: Double-check if the WiFi password you entered during the setup process is correct. A small typo can lead to connectivity issues.
- Signal Interference: Ensure that there are no signal interferences from other electronic devices or physical barriers like walls that might weaken the WiFi signal.
- Outdated Firmware: An outdated printer firmware can cause connectivity problems. Make sure your printer’s firmware is up to date.
- Router Settings: Sometimes, specific router settings may prevent the printer from connecting to WiFi. Check the router’s security and firewall settings.
- Printer Placement: The printer’s location can impact its ability to connect to WiFi. Try moving the printer closer to the router.
- Network Overload: An overloaded network can hinder printer connectivity. Disconnect unused devices from the network.
- Printer Hardware Issue: In some cases, a hardware problem within the printer might be causing the issue.
Troubleshooting Steps to Connect HP DeskJet 4155e to WiFi
Now that we understand the potential causes, let’s go through a detailed troubleshooting process to resolve the WiFi connection issue with your HP DeskJet 4155e:
1. Double-Check WiFi Password
- Ensure you are entering the correct WiFi password. Pay attention to capitalization, special characters, and any typos.
- Consider resetting your router’s password if you’re uncertain about it.
2. Verify WiFi Signal Strength
- Check the WiFi signal strength on your printer’s control panel. If it’s weak, move the printer closer to the router.
3. Restart Printer and Router
- Turn off your printer and unplug the router from the power source. Wait for a few minutes before restarting both devices.
4. Update Printer Firmware
- Visit the HP support website and search for the latest firmware for your printer model. Download and install any available updates.
5. Check Router Settings
- Review your router’s settings for any restrictions or filters that might prevent the printer from connecting. Disable these features if necessary.
6. Disable VPN and Proxy
- Turn off any Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections on your computer or mobile device.
7. Use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup)
- If your router supports WPS, use this method to connect the printer to WiFi. Press the WPS button on the router and follow the printer’s instructions.
8. Factory Reset
- As a last resort, perform a factory reset on the printer to restore all settings to their defaults. Be aware that this will erase any customized configurations.
9. Contact HP Support
- If none of the above steps work, reach out to HP’s customer support for further assistance and expert guidance.
How to Connect HP Deskjet 4155e to WiFi using WPS Button?
This HP Deskjet 4155e Wireless Set up method is for those customers who have WPS Button on their Wifi Router.
- Press the Wireless button at the back of your HP Deskjet 4155e Printer.
- Now a Blue light starts flashing on the Printer.
- Press the WPS Button on the wifi Router.
- This will enable the WPS on your Router.
- Wait for 2-3 mins flashing light on both the devices becomes Solid.
- Once it’s Solid your HP Deskjet 4155e printer is Connected to Wifi again.
Also Read:- Where is the WPS Pin located on HP Printer?
How to Connect HP Deskjet 4155e to WiFi using HP Smart App?
If you don’t have a WPS button on your router’s back, you can use this Setup method to connect HP Deskjet 4155e printer to your Wireless Network.
- Press and hold the Wireless button at the Back of your HP Deskjet4155e printer for 10 sec.
- Amber light and Power button start flashing on the Printer.
- Now open HP Smart App and click on Set up a new Printer.
- Your HP Deskjet 4155e series Printer will be displayed on the App.
- Click on Set up and follow the instructions.
- Next, select the SSID (Wifi name) and Enter the password for your Wifi.
- From here HP Smart app will automatically install the drivers for your HP Deskjet 4155e printer and connect it to your WiFi.
- Congratulations your HP Deskjet 4155e is connected to your wireless Network.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: How do I find my printer’s IP address?
To find your printer’s IP address, follow these steps:
- Press the “Wireless” button on the printer’s control panel.
- Select “Settings,” then “Print Reports,” and finally, choose “Wireless Test Report.”
- The report will display the printer’s IP address.
Q: Can I connect my printer to a guest network?
Yes, you can connect your HP DeskJet 4155e to a guest network, provided the guest network allows device connections like printers.
Q: Why is my printer’s WiFi light blinking?
A blinking WiFi light on your printer might indicate that it is trying to establish a connection with the WiFi network. This process should stabilize once the connection is successful.
Q: My printer connects briefly and then disconnects. What should I do?
Try the following steps:
- Ensure that the printer is within the range of the WiFi signal.
- Restart both the printer and the router.
- Check for any firmware updates for the printer.
Q: Is it possible to print without a WiFi connection?
Yes, you can use a USB cable to connect the printer directly to your computer and print without a WiFi connection.
Q: Can I connect multiple devices to the printer wirelessly?
Yes, the HP DeskJet 4155e supports wireless connections for multiple devices within the same network.
Connecting your HP DeskJet 4155e to WiFi should now be a breeze with the comprehensive troubleshooting guide provided above. By following the outlined steps and considering the common issues and solutions, you can enjoy seamless wireless printing with your HP printer. If you encounter any persistent issues, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from HP’s customer support team. Happy printing!