Question:- I have my HP Officejet 3830 printer that won’t print in color. It only prints black ink however when I try to print any color page it comes out blank. Both my color and black ink cartridges are brand new and it doesn’t work. I tried to uninstall HP 3830 drivers and re-installed it again on my windows 10 computer but still my HP 3830 not printing in color. I don’t know what might be the problem with my HP Officejet 3830 printer, need help to fix it.Also Read:- How to generate WPS Pin for HP Printer?
Why is my HP Officejet 3830 not printing in color?
If you are using an HP 3830 Printer and it won’t print in color then there are three possible reasons behind this problem. Check all of these reasons before you proceed further with troubleshooting.
- Printhead not cleaned properly:- If you are using your HP 3830 printer for a quite long time and have not cleaned the printhead then HP 3830 will not print in color. It’s recommended to clean the printhead manually with the help of tissue paper or you can use the HP utility available on the printer itself. That will fix the problem in one go.
- Color Printing feature is not enabled:- Sometimes it happens when you try to print a color page it comes out Black. It’s due to the color feature on HP 3830 printer. If the color feature is Disabled in printer properties then also Officejet 3830 will not print in color. So Enable the Color printing feature in printer properties to print in color. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
- Driver Conflicts:- If you have used any HP printer earlier on the same computer or installed more than two printers, then there might be a driver conflict. To fix this, uninstalled the HP 3830 drivers completely and re-installed in again from the HP website itself.
Steps to Fix HP 3830 won’t print in color
These troubleshooting steps are for Windows 10 users who are not able to print in color from HP Officejet 3830 printer.
- Firstly Delete or Remove HP 3830 Printer from Devices.
- Now Uninstall HP Officejet 3830 printer drivers completely from the control panel of your Windows 10 computer.
- Next Open Run Command by pressing “Windows Key + R“.
- Type printui.exe /s in the Run box and click OK.
- A new window pops up and selects the Drivers tab to open it.
- Under Drivers, if you find any HP Printer drivers please Delete them and press OK.
- Now again go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer.
- New windows pop up Choose a device or Printer under that Click on “The printer I want isn’t listed“.
- Choose to Add a printer using a TCP/IP address.
- Enter the IP Address of your HP 3830 Printer here (like 192.168.0.5 or 10.0.0.45) and hit Next.
- It will install the HP 3830 printer with basic drivers which will help you to print in color also.
- Try printing in color with HP Officejet 3830 printer.
Note:- Most probably this will fix HP Officejet 3830 won’t print in the color issue. However in case if it’s not fixed please contact HP Printer Support for the service of your Printer.
- How to connect canon mg2522 printer to wifi?
- How to Fix “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e”?
- Bring my HP Envy 4520 Printer Offline to Online.
- Find WPS Pin for HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer
- How to connect Canon Pixma TS3122 Printer to WiFi?
- Where is the WPS Pin on HP Deskjet 3755 Printer?
- Connect HP Deskjet 2652 printer to wifi.
- How to fix “HPDM.Framework will damage your computer” on Mac?