If you are using a Canon printer with wireless capability and you don’t know how to connect the Canon printer to wifi, then you can follow this article for more help.
Methods to connect Canon Wireless Printer to Wifi
There are 3 easy ways to connect any Canon wireless printer to the wireless network.
- Wireless Connect Button
- WPS Push Button Mode
- Manual Wifi Connect Mode
Related Topic:- How to connect Canon MG2522 Printer to wifi?
(1). Wireless Connect Button Method
This wireless connection method is used for those Canon printers who don’t have a Settings Icon and just have a Wireless Connect Button on the printer. However, with this wireless connect button you can connect Canon printer to wifi. Follow these steps to set up a canon printer wirelessly.
- Press and Hold the Direct or Wireless Connect button on the Canon printer for 2-3 sec.
- Now Wireless icon starts flashing on the printer screen.
- Go to your Smartphone and download Canon Print Inkjet App from the play store or App store.
- Now go to the Wifi Settings of your Smartphone and then connect to the Canon printer mention in the list.
- Open Canon Print Inkjet App and click on Add Printer Icon.
- Click on Register Printer and select the Auto-connect selection method.
- Now Select your Wifi name and Enter the password of your Wifi.
- This will connect your Canon printer to the wireless network.
(2). WPS Push Button Mode
Similarly, in this method, we’ll cover how to connect Canon printers to a wireless network using the WPS Push button method. Let’s get started!
- Firstly, make sure your Canon printer is turned on.
- If the Green power light is flashing, then press the Stop button.
- Press and hold the Wireless button until the icon starts to flash.
- Now Press and hold the WPS button for 5 sec. on the router.
- Wait for 1-2 mins. to complete the connection.
- The Wireless Flasing icon on the screen stops flashing, which means the connection is successful.
- Now download the Drivers and install them on the computer.
- Congratulations! your Canon wireless printer is connected to the Wifi.
(3). Manual Wifi Connect Mode
In case, your router doesn’t have a WPS button then you can use this manual wifi connection mode for connecting the Canon printer to the wifi.
- Press the Setup or Settings button on the Printer.
- Go to Wifi Setup>Manual Connect>Select Router name.
- Now Select your router and Enter the password and hit OK.
- Go to your computer and install the Drivers for the Printer.
- Follow the instruction on the computer screen to install the drivers correctly.
- Hurray! your Canon printer is connected to your Wifi router.
Note:- These methods are used to connect any canon printer wirelessly. However, if you are still facing problems connecting the printer then please contact Canon Support for more help.