Question:- I am using a new HP Printer with the HP Smart app. Whenever I try to print any important document from my Windows 10 computer, my HP Printer says Printer Offline. I opened the HP Smart app to troubleshoot this problem, however, my HP Smart also says Printer offline. We uninstall the printer many times but after printing one page my HP Printer keeps going offline. If you know how to bring HP Printer Offline to Online in windows 10, Please help.
Why does my HP Smart App says Printer is offline?
HP Smart app is a software platform to manage all your HP Printer in one place. This App will help you to set up your HP Printer without any hassles. Because it will detect Wireless HP Printer on your Home or Office Network automatically. However, sometimes this HP App shows you a Printer Offline error on a windows 10 computer. It is due to a poor or loose connection between your Router and HP Printer. This HP Smart Printer Offline Problem is very common on Windows 10 computers. To fix this problem permanently please follow these Easy troubleshooting steps.
Steps to Fix HP Smart App Printer Offline problem
This troubleshooting guide is for Windows computers only. As you know that the main reason why your HP Smart app shows you a Printer offline is a Loose connection. So now we will fix this problem completely and this will never happen again with your printer.
- Turn Off your HP Printer.
- Firstly Delete the Printer from Devices and Printers.
- Now Uninstall the HP Printer Drivers from Control Panel.
- Press “Windows + R” and Type Spool in Run Box.
- Select the Printers folder and open it.
- Delete all the temporary files from this folder and make it Empty.
- Now Turn ON your Printer.
- Print Network Configuration Page from the HP Printer.
- Get the IP address of your printer from this Network Configuration page. (for example 192.168.1.12 or 10.0.0.21)
- Go to Devices and Printers and click Add Printer.
- Select the option “The Printer I want isn’t listed“.
- Choose “Add Printer using TCP or IP Address“.
- Type the IP Address of the Printer in the box and hit next.
- Now windows will pick up your HP Printer from the Network itself and install the drivers automatically.
- Now Your HP Printer is successfully installed with IP Address on Windows 10.
- Open HP Smart App and your HP Printer is Back Online.
- This will fix the problem permanently and you will never face this HP Smart Printer Offline Problem again.