Why does my HP Officejet Pro 9018e keep going offline?
The HP Officejet Pro 9018e may go offline due to network issues, communication errors, or printer settings. Check the printer’s connectivity, ensure it’s on the same network, and update drivers. Verify that there are no interferences causing intermittent connections. Additionally, restarting the printer and router can help resolve connectivity issues. If the problem persists, reinstalling the printer software or seeking assistance from HP support may be necessary to troubleshoot and resolve the offline status.
What to do when my HP Officejet Pro 9018e says the printer is offline?
If your HP Officejet Pro 9018e says “printer offline,” start by checking the printer’s connection and ensuring it’s on the same network as your device. Confirm that the printer is powered on and not in sleep mode. Restart the printer, computer, and router to refresh connections. Update printer drivers and firmware from the official HP website. If using a wireless connection, reconnect the printer to the Wi-Fi network. In the printer settings on your computer, set the HP Officejet Pro 9018 as the default printer. If the issue persists, consider reinstalling the printer software or contacting HP support for further assistance.
How to bring my HP Officejet Pro 9018e offline to Online?
To switch your HP Officejet Pro 9018 printer from offline to online, follow these steps:
- Check Connections:
- Ensure the printer is powered on and connected to the same network as your computer. Confirm cables and wireless connections are secure.
- Restart Devices:
- Restart the printer, computer, and router to refresh connections.
- Default Printer Settings:
- In your computer’s settings, set the HP Officejet Pro 9018 as the default printer.
- Clear Print Jobs:
- Check for and clear any pending print jobs or errors in the printer queue.
- Reconnect to Wi-Fi:
- If using Wi-Fi, reconnect the printer to the wireless network.
- Update Drivers:
- Visit the official HP website to update printer drivers and firmware.
If issues persist, consider reinstalling the printer software or contacting HP support for assistance.
Steps to Fix HP Officejet Pro 9018e Offline issue
These steps will help you to reconnect your HP officejet pro 9018 series printer to wifi again and it will bring your printer offline to online.
- Firstly, Delete HP Officejet Pro 9018 printer from Devices and HP Smart App.
- Uninstall the old HP 9018 printer drivers from the control panel.
- Now hard reboot the Printer by unplugging the power cable from its back.
- Go to Settings> Network Setup> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now choose your wifi name and Enter the password of your wifi.
- Once the Connection is Successful, write down the Printer’s IP address (ex. 192.168.1.1) on a piece of paper.
- Open the HP Smart app and click on Add Printer.
- Select HP Officejet Pro 9018 Series Printer and add it to your computer.
- At last, your HP Officejet Pro 9018 shows you an online sign in the HP smart app.