Canon Pixma TR4720 is a wireless printer that helps you to print from any device without a USB cable. However, sometimes when we try to print any critical document from our computer, it says,” Canon TR4720 printer offline“. It is a headache for the user to resolve this offline printer error in Windows 10 computers.
There are two common reasons why your Canon Pixma TR4720 printer says offline in Windows 10. Firstly, a loose connection between wireless devices like printers and routers. Secondly, Canon Pixma TR4720 printer drivers were corrupted due to infection.
Best ways to change Canon TR4720 Printer Offline to Online
Step 1: Check the Canon Pixma TR4720 Printer is turned ON and that there are no Errors on screen.
- The Printer may not be powered on if the Canon Printer LCD Screen is blank.
- If it is in sleep mode, wake it up.
- Still, it’s off, then check the power cable.
- Now check the LCD screen for any Error message. If the screen shows an error message, troubleshoot the error to clear the indicated issue.
Step 2: Make sure Canon TR4720 Printer is connected to the computer with USB or WiFi.
- In case of a USB cable connection, ensure the cable is connected to both ends (Printer and computer).
- Connect the Canon Pixma TR4720 printer directly to the computer USB port and not via a USB hub connector.
- If the connection is via an ethernet cable, ensure the cable is connected to both ends (Printer and router).
- Now Print the network configuration page from the Printer to confirm the correct IP address.
- If using a wireless or WiFi connection, ensure the Printer is connected to the router.
- Print the network configuration page to check the IP address of the Brother printer.
If the issue continues, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Set Canon Pixma TR4720 as a default printer (Windows 10).
- Open the Settings or Control Panel.
- Click on > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your Canon TR4720 printer and select Set as the default printer.
Step 4: Delete all the pending documents from the print queue.
- Right-click on the icon of the Canon TR4720 printer.
- Click on > See what’s printing.
- Now Select the> Printer option from the window.
- Select > Cancel All Documents.
Step 5: Check the Canon Printer status in Devices and Printers windows.
- If the Canon TR4720 printer status is Offline. Right-click the icon for your Printer> See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (removes the checkmark).
- Suppose the printer status says Paused. Right-click the icon for your Printer> See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (removes the checkmark).
Step 6: Make sure there is no copy of the Canon Pixma TR4720 Printer icon.
- If you see any copy of the Canon TR4720 printer, then delete it from the list.
- Uninstall the Printer from the control panel.
- Download the latest drivers for Canon Printer.
- Install the Printer again.
canon printer support
Hopefully, It will fix the Problem after all these steps. Visit Optimum Tech Help