Brother MFC printers used all over the USA for Home and Office workplace. Brother MFC-L2700DW is a Monochrome Laser All-in-One Printer. It is reliable, affordable and compatible with all devices like smartphones, tablets and Mac computers. But sometimes it’s difficult to get a print from the printer. The reason behind this is the “Brother MFC-L2700DW Offline” issue. Many users search the web asking “why my brother printer MFC-L2700DW says offline?“. However, there is no problem with the printer hardware. It’s the problem with a wireless connection between the computer and the printer.
If you got frustrated and upset with this brother printer offline issue, then follow these complete fix troubleshooting steps.
Why Brother MFC L2685DW show an offline message?
There are many reasons “why Brother printer says offline in windows 10 computers”. Firstly, Sleep Mode on the printer. So please remove the sleep mode of the printer and bring it to active. Secondly, the printer disconnected from the wireless network. Due to power surge wireless router disconnects with peripheral devices. Last but not least, update from Microsoft for Windows 10. Updates also create problems with drivers and Softwares of the brother printers.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Brother MFC-L2700DW Printer Offline to Online
Step 1: Check the Brother MFC-L2700DW Printer is turned ON and there are no Errors on screen.
- If the Brother Printer LCD Screen is blank, the printer may not be powered on.
- If it is in sleep mode wake it up.
- Still, it’s off, then check the power cable.
- Now check the LCD screen for any Error message. If the screen shows an error message, then troubleshoot the error to clear the issue indicated.
Step 2: Make sure Brother MFC-L2700DW Printer is connected to the computer with USB or WiFi.
- In case of a USB cable connection, make sure the cable connected to both ends (printer and computer).
- Try connecting the Brother MFC-L27005DW printer directly to the computer USB port and not via a USB hub connector.
- If the connection is via an ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected to both ends (printer and router).
- Now Print the network configuration page from the printer to confirm the right IP address of the printer.
- If using a wireless or WiFi connection, then make sure the printer is connected to the router.
- Print the network configuration page to check the IP address of the Brother printer.
If the issue continues, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Set Brother MFC L2685DW as a default printer (Windows 10).
- Open the Settings or Control Panel.
- Click on > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your Brother MFC-L2700DW printer and select Set as default printer.
Step 4: Delete all the pending documents from the print queue.
- Right-click on the icon of the Brother MFC-L2700DW printer.
- Click on > See what’s printing
- Now Select > Printer option from window
- Select > Cancel All Documents.
Step 5: Check Brother Printer status in Devices and Printers windows.
- If the Brother MFC-L2700DW printer status is Offline. Right-click the icon for your Brother MFC-L2700DW printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (removes the checkmark).
- If the printer status says Paused. Right-click the icon for your Brother MFC-L2700DW printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (removes the checkmark).
Step 6: Make sure there is no copy of the Brother MFC L2658DW Printer icon.
- If you see any copy of the Brother MFC-L2700DW printer then delete it from the list.
- Uninstall the printer from the control panel.
- Download the latest drivers for Brother Printer.
- Install the Printer again.
Hopefully, It will fix the Problem after all these steps. Visit Optimum Tech Help